About AgroTransilvania Cluster
The mission of the Agro-Food-Ind Napoca Cluster is to promote collaboration and cooperation between business entities in the agricultural industry and encouraging competitive restructuring of the sector, as well as ensuring participation in multiple commercial project, both national and international. In this regard, members of the “Agro-Food-Ind Napoca Cluster” decided to join forces to support the development of the agro-industrial sector, with the aim to build on the competitiveness of the association – both on the national and international markets.
Recently, as we hear more and more about the sustainable development of Cluj county, we considered it appropriate to bring together at the same table the representatives of farmers and the representatives of large retail companies to put in place a sustainable development strategy.
In the context of European projects in the period 2014-2020 requires an extremely serious training, we believe that the initiative of Cluj County Council, will result in a successful project that will contribute significantly to the image of Cluj County as a model of best practices in the agricultural industry. This is the first time when we discuss about the possibility of introducing local products on the shelves of supermarkets. I am convinced that we can build together a strategy to ensure a market for locally made products, while decreasing imports.
AGRO-FOOD-IND Napoca Cluster will ensure the development of the areas represented at today’s discussion and responsibles of each sector will create opportunities for accessing european funds and to sustain the members of this association.Mr. Ioan Oleleu
vicepresident of Cluj County Council
Objectives of AgroTransilvania Cluster
- Create and develop a harmonious interaction between all stakeholders operating in the value chain in the agro-industrial complex.
- Develop a platform for research, development and innovation. Drive the private sector towards innovation and technology transfer.
- Support and promote project of common interest, including projects abroad.
- Promote and encourage entrepreneurship by providing relevant solutions for the renewal and modernization of the sector.
- Create tools and channels for effective information and opportunity management in the field.
- Developing partnerships at home and abroad to achieve the objectives of the association.
- Promote legislative initiatives designed to correct – or, if necessary – to regulate certain matters of interest to the industry.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration towards financial support through various programs, partnerships, tools and / or banking operations.
- Organization and participation / forums, symposiums, conferences, seminars, debates, etc., in the country abroad.
- Conduct any activities necessary to achieve the goals and objectives of the association.
Establishment of an agro-industrial cluster is based on the vision of the current leadership of Cluj County Council that the harmonious and balanced development of the county, with the elimination of disparities in development between different areas of the county and especially between urban and rural areas, is a priority for the new county administration. In this respect, the desire to ensure the sustainable development of the county in general, and particularly rural, the administrative court leadership considered it more than necessary to support agro-industrial revitalization of Cluj. Regarding this, the first step promoted by the administration refers to the creation of the Agro-Food-Ind Napoca Cluster, meant to bring to a common table the key players from the field.