HORIZON 2020NUMBER — 773501 — PANACEA
A thematic network to design the penetration PAth of Non-food Agricultural Crops into European Agriculture — PANACEA’ (‘action’)
Period of implementation: 36 months (starting with September 2017)
Project leader: CENTRE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES AND SAVING FONDATION (CRES) – Greece
Overall Objective: PANACEA aims to set up a thematic network that will foster the effective exchange between research, industry, and the farming community, so that direct applicable solutions are widely disseminated and grassroots level needs and innovative ideas are thoroughly captured, in order to design the penetration path of non-food crops into European agriculture.
- To create an inventory of long-term scientific results generated through R&I projects on the sustainable production of NFC as well as to identify those that are close to implementation in agricultural and forestry practice (WP1).
- To analyse the role that NFC can play in the renaissance of European rural areas taking into consideration the farmers’ and bio-based industries’ needs and interests (WP2).
- To establish a strong and interactive multi-actor forum by involving a wide range of actors from science, industry and agricultural practice that will facilitate capturing and spreading innovative ideas (WP3).
- To establish capacity building activities through substantial training courses and educational material with practice-oriented knowledge on specific value chains that will be easily accessible and available in the long term beyond the project period (WP4).
- To develop, operate and maintain the PANACEA platform which will offer a range of services to key stakeholders and end-users on NFC, including: knowledge sharing, communication and networking, assessment of the economic and environmental aspects of NFC, and matching between the supply and demand sides (WP5).
- To disseminate the project findings at large following an extended exploitation and dissemination plan that will be active throughout the project and beyond as well as to ensure the sustainability of the Thematic Network on non-food crops through its link with EU wide initiatives, especially the EIP-AGRI and its Operational Groups (WP6).
Budget: EUR 1,999,500.00